- Ph.D., Utah State University, Logan, UT
- M.Sc., California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA
- M.Sc., Open University, Vietnam & Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Solvay Brussels School of Economics & Management, Belgium
- B.Sc., University of Technology, Vietnam
- Postdotoral Scholar, School of Civil and Construction Engineering, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- EIT Certificate No. 144327 from California Board for Processional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists, 7/2011
- ENGR 199 - Introduction to Engineering Practices and Principles I (Project-Based Learning)
- ENGR 201 - Engineering Mechanics: Statics (calculus based)
- ENGR 350 - Engineering Practices and Principles III ( Project control and engineering design)
- ENGR 400 - Engineering Capstone I (Senior engineering project selection, planning, and development)
- ENGR 411 - Engineering Numerical Analysis (with MATLAB)
- ENGR 450 - Engineering Capstone II (Senior engineering project design, development, fabrication, and testing)
- ET 232 - Engineering Statics (algebra based)
- ET 333 - Strength of Materials Laboratory
- ME 332 - Heat Transfer: Analysis and Applications (Lecture & Laboratory)
- Spatial visualization, instructional design & development, engineering design education, and entrepreneurship.
- HVAC, energy efficiency homes, building energy simulation, solar and alternative energy.
- Ha, O., & Tanaka, M. L., & Kaul, S. (2019, June), Effect of Spatial Visualization on Learning Engineering Technology and Engineering Programs. Proceedings of the 2019 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition. Tampa, Florida. https://peer.asee.org/32690
- Brown, S., Lutz, B., Perova-Mello, N., & Ha, O. (2019). Exploring differences in Statics Concept Inventory scores among students and practitioners. Journal of Engineering Education.1-17. https://doi.org/10.1002/jee.20246
- Ha, O., & Brown, S. (2018). An exploration of unlearning of practicing civil engineers. Proceedings of 2018 IEEE Frontiers in Education (FIE) (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
- Ha, O. & Fang, N. (2018, June). Effects of interactive computer simulation and animation on student learning: A case study involving energy, impulse, and momentum in rigid-body engineering dynamics. Journal of Computer Applications in Engineering Education. https://doi.org/10.1002/cae.21930
- Ha, O. & Fang, N. (2017). Interactive Virtual and Physical Manipulatives for Improving Students' Spatial Skills. Journal of Educational Computing Research. 55(8), 1088 - 1110. doi: 10.1177/0735633117697730
- Ha, O., & Brown, S. A. (2017, June), Spatial Reasoning Difference between Civil and Mechanical Engineering Students in Learning Mechanics of Materials Course: A Case of Cross-sectional Inference. Proceedings of the 2017 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Columbus, Ohio. https://peer.asee.org/28836
- Ha, O., Brown, S., & Nicole, P. (2017). An exploratory factor analysis of Statics Concept Inventory data from practicing civil engineers. International Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 33, No. 1(A), 236-246.
- Ha, O., & Brown, S. (2016). A factor analysis of Statics Concept Inventory data from practicing civil engineers. Proceedings of 2016 IEEE Frontiers in Education (FIE) pp. 1-4).IEEE.
- Ha, O. & Fang, N. (2015). Developing User-Controlled Animations with ActionScript 3.0 to Improve Student Learning of Engineering Dynamics. Global Journal of Engineering Education,17 (1), 70-76.
- Ha, O. & Fang, N. (2015). Spatial Ability in Learning Engineering Mechanics: Critical Review. Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice, 10.1061/(ASCE)EI.1943-5541.0000266 , 04015014.