- Ph.D., Engineering Education, Utah State University, Logan, UT
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA
- M.Sc., Management, Solvay Brussels School of Economics & Management (Belgium) & Open University, Vietnam
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Technology, Vietnam
- EIT Certificate No. 144327 from California Board for Processional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists, 7/2011
- Postdotoral Scholar, School of Civil and Construction Engineering, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- ENGR 199 - Introduction to Engineering Practices and Principles I
- ENGR 350 - Engineering Practices and Principles III
- ENGR 411 - Engineering Numerical Analysis
- ET 232 - Engineering Statics
- ET 333 - Strength of Materials Laboratory
- ME 332 - Measurement & Instrumentation (Heat Transfer)
- Computer simulation, spatial cognition, engineering concept inventories, and learning analytics.
- HVAC, energy efficiency homes, solar and alternative energy.
- Ha, O. & Fang, N. (in press for Oct, 2018). Effects of interactive computer simulation and animation on student learning: A case study involving energy, impulse, and momentum in rigid-body engineering dynamics. Journal of Computer Applications in Engineering Education. doi: 10.1002/cae.21930
- Ha, O. & Fang, N. (2017). Interactive Virtual and Physical Manipulatives for Improving Students' Spatial Skills. Journal of Educational Computing Research. 55(8), 1088 - 1110. doi: 10.1177/0735633117697730
- Ha, O., & Brown, S. A. (2017, June), Spatial Reasoning Difference between Civil and Mechanical Engineering Students in Learning Mechanics of Materials Course: A Case of Cross-sectional Inference. Proceedings of the 2017 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Columbus, Ohio. https://peer.asee.org/28836
- Ha, O., Brown, S., & Nicole, P. (2017). An exploratory factor analysis of Statics Concept Inventory data from practicing civil engineers. International Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 33, No. 1(A), 236-246.
- Ha, O., & Brown, S. (2016). A factor analysis of Statics Concept Inventory data from practicing civil engineers. Proceedings of the 46th Annual Frontiers in Education FIE 2016. Oct 12-16, Erie, PA.
- Ha, O. & Fang, N. (2015). Developing User-Controlled Animations with ActionScript 3.0 to Improve Student Learning of Engineering Dynamics. Global Journal of Engineering Education,17 (1), 70-76.
- Ha, O. & Fang, N. (2015). Spatial Ability in Learning Engineering Mechanics: Critical Review. Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice, 10.1061/(ASCE)EI.1943-5541.0000266 , 04015014.